MSJ Site Leadership
- As previously announced, Shelly Fleck has been appointed as Site Leader for MSJ. Shelly will have a strong presence at the site and will take an active role in the leadership of the site. The site leader for MSJ is an important role in collaborating with clinical, corporate, practice and support leaders to facilitate effective care and service while representing the needs of the site across various Providence Health Care forums.
Geriatric Psychiatry (1 South) and Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) Leadership Changes
- Effective January 13, 2014, 1 South, Geriatric Psychiatry, will be moved from the Elder Care Program to the Mental Health Program, under Program Director Jennifer Duff and Physician Program Director Dr. Maria Corral.
Operational leadership for 1 South and ECT will be under Kelly Lee, Operations Leader,
Mental Health Program. Kelly’s portfolio also includes the Complex Pain Program and the Mental Health Wellness Clinic. While Kelly currently has accountability for 8C, inpatient psychiatry at SPH, leadership for this unit will transfer to Blaine Bray. Kelly will have a presence at both SPH and MSJ.
- Medical leadership for Geriatric Psychiatry will remain under Dr. Harpreet Chauhan, reporting to Dr. Corral.
- The Geriatric Psychiatry Outpatient clinic remains under Operations Leader Simin Tabrizi, reporting to Heather Mak.
Medicine and Geriatric Medicine Leadership Changes
- Medicine Operations Leader Tom Sinclair will be retiring in the spring of 2014. Tom has made significant professional and personal contributions to the Medicine Program and to the MSJ site, and he will be greatly missed. More information regarding a retirement celebration for Tom will be forthcoming in the new year. Tom will be providing orientation and transition support to the new Medicine Operations Leader, when hired.
- Upon Tom’s retirement, leadership for 3BC (Medicine) and 4E (Elder Care) will be combined under one Operations Leader. This is a new position which is being posted imminently as “Operations Leader, Medicine MSJ.” The OL will have a dual reporting responsibility to the Medicine Program and to the Elder Care Program.
- The position currently held by Jen Selman, Operations Leader- Geriatric Medicine and Geriatric Psychiatry - Elder Care Program, has been eliminated. PHC leadership wishes Jen all the best and thanks her for her contributions and her dedicated service to the staff and patients alike.
- Sital Dhillon-Randhawa will continue as interim Operations Leader for 4 East (Geriatric Medicine) until the Operations Leader for MSJ Medicine is hired.
We understand that these changes are significant for staff and physicians. Throughout the following weeks, processes will be in place to implement these changes and to support staff and physicians through this transition.