DID YOU KNOW?
That each acute and residential site has an Emergency Operations Centre (EOC)?
Purpose of an EOC
The EOC is a location where the Command Staff and the Section Chiefs meet to direct the response to an emergency situation. The EOC is the structure established for the site to meet the objectives of the institution, namely to preserve life, minimize damage and obtain a speedy recovery and return to normalcy.
Criteria for Opening the EOC
The decision about whether or not to open the EOC is based on the following criteria:
* Two or more areas are involved.
* A significant number of people are at risk.
* Response coordination is required.
* Resource coordination is required because of limited resources
* Uncertain conditions exist (i.e. there is a possibility of escalation of event, unknown extent of damage).
* A potential threat to people, property and/or the environment.
* A declaration of a state of local emergency is made.
EOC LOCATION BY SITE
Brock Fahrni -- BF Cross site office
Holy Family Hospital -- HFH Boardroom
Mount St. Joseph’s -- Sr. Germaine Roy Conference Room
St. Paul’s Hospital -- GI Conference Room, Prov. Level 2
Langara -- Multipurpose Room
Youville Residence -- Conference room